Saturday, September 03, 2011

Index Of Forbidden Songs (Gather, Pt. III).


I have been asked why I don't publish a list of acceptable songs. Short answer, too much work. Longer answer, that would be too much about what I like or don't like. Don't get me wrong, I have excellent taste, but this really isn't about my taste. (OK, some of it is about my taste, but not most of it.) Certain songs just aren't appropriate for liturgical use, mainly due to theological and/or ideological contents. Others are inappropriate because they are inane and void of worthwhile content. I am not a musician, nor the son of musician (dad played the accordion), but I know crap when I hear it.

Numbers 451-500:

454-Go: SIGV
455-I Will Be with You: SIGV, HL "because I really love you. I really love." Sounds like a pick-up line, not words from the mouth of Our Lord.
456-Lord, You Give the Great Commission: G
458-The Spirit of God: NAU
462-Spirit Blowing through Creation: HH. Fighting back an inappropriate comment here.
466-Send Down the Fire: HH Artillery hymn?
467-Spirit-Friend: HH, C.
470-Send Us Your Spirit: HH
473-Alleluia, Sing!: HH
486-The King of Glory: DTD Stephen Colbert. I keep seeing Stephen Colbert.
490-Song at the Center: HH, H Neo-pagan crap.
491-God, beyond All Names: C, DO
492-All You Works of God: HH
496-Canticle of the Sun: HH, DTD
497-God of All Creation: HH, DO
499-Sing Out, Earth and Skies: HH, HL

C=Castrated, DO= Dubious Orthodoxy, DMWP=Don't Mess With Perfection, DS=Dan Schutte, DTD=Done To Death, EP=Ex-Priest, G=Germanophobic, H=Heretical, HH=Haugen&Haas, HL=Hella Lame, LC=Leftist Crap, NAU=Not About Us, SIGV=Singing In God's Voice(i. e. we are not God, SWTR= Stick With The Rite, TMV=Too Many Verses, WIG=Where is God?
blog comments powered by Disqus